It's almost that time again!
February 2025 Small Fandoms Drabblethon
Dates: Feb 1st-Feb 28th
What is it? A fest where participants write drabbles for their small fandoms.
What is the definition of a "small fandom"? For this fest, a small fandom is going to be on the honor system. If you feel it's a small fandom, then it is welcome. This is because some fandoms attract tiny but prolific pools of creators, or creators in only a certain medium, etc. Also, for this fest, "dead" fandoms are welcome even if they were once quite large but are small now. If you can say, without hesitation, that your fandom is currently small, it is welcome.
But what if my fandom is a spin-off/side-story/etc. of [x]? If you can explain how it differs from what it's spun off of and you can say without hesitation that it's small, that's cool.
What is a drabble? 100 words, give or take word processor shenanigans.
Can my drabbles fill other prompts for other communities? As long as it's okay with the other communities, it's fine.
Where do I post? Right here on the community! Please use a simple header listing at least a title and fandom, with the drabble under a cut. You may put multiple drabbles in one post. If a tag exists for the fandom, please use it. Otherwise, tags will be added as soon as possible.
You don't need to post your drabble(s) directly to the community. Posting anywhere they're available (unlocked) and linking is fine.
What if I write more than 100 words? Fantastic! However, it doesn't belong in this specific fest.
What if I want to write a rare pairing? If the fandom is also small, that's fine, otherwise this isn't the right fest for that.
What about original works? Sorry, wrong fest.
What about original characters? Those are fine, provided they're for a small fandom.
What about art/icons/podfic/other medium? Those are all valid mediums but they don't belong in this specific fest. There will be more fests, though, where they'll be included.
Are there prompts? Nope! If you're stuck, go with your favorite season, holiday, or color.
Are there sign-ups? Nope! Just go ahead and post.
Is there a set number of drabbles that need to be written? Nope! Write one, write a hundred, it's all good. I just like the term "drabblethon".
I have a different question. Please ask in the comments and I'll get back to you ASAP.
Unofficial AO3 Collection | Unofficial Squidgeworld Archive Collection
(If anyone wants to make unofficial collections for other otw-archive software archives, go ahead and I'll link them!)
February 2025 Small Fandoms Drabblethon
Dates: Feb 1st-Feb 28th
What is it? A fest where participants write drabbles for their small fandoms.
What is the definition of a "small fandom"? For this fest, a small fandom is going to be on the honor system. If you feel it's a small fandom, then it is welcome. This is because some fandoms attract tiny but prolific pools of creators, or creators in only a certain medium, etc. Also, for this fest, "dead" fandoms are welcome even if they were once quite large but are small now. If you can say, without hesitation, that your fandom is currently small, it is welcome.
But what if my fandom is a spin-off/side-story/etc. of [x]? If you can explain how it differs from what it's spun off of and you can say without hesitation that it's small, that's cool.
What is a drabble? 100 words, give or take word processor shenanigans.
Can my drabbles fill other prompts for other communities? As long as it's okay with the other communities, it's fine.
Where do I post? Right here on the community! Please use a simple header listing at least a title and fandom, with the drabble under a cut. You may put multiple drabbles in one post. If a tag exists for the fandom, please use it. Otherwise, tags will be added as soon as possible.
You don't need to post your drabble(s) directly to the community. Posting anywhere they're available (unlocked) and linking is fine.
What if I write more than 100 words? Fantastic! However, it doesn't belong in this specific fest.
What if I want to write a rare pairing? If the fandom is also small, that's fine, otherwise this isn't the right fest for that.
What about original works? Sorry, wrong fest.
What about original characters? Those are fine, provided they're for a small fandom.
What about art/icons/podfic/other medium? Those are all valid mediums but they don't belong in this specific fest. There will be more fests, though, where they'll be included.
Are there prompts? Nope! If you're stuck, go with your favorite season, holiday, or color.
Are there sign-ups? Nope! Just go ahead and post.
Is there a set number of drabbles that need to be written? Nope! Write one, write a hundred, it's all good. I just like the term "drabblethon".
I have a different question. Please ask in the comments and I'll get back to you ASAP.
Unofficial AO3 Collection | Unofficial Squidgeworld Archive Collection
(If anyone wants to make unofficial collections for other otw-archive software archives, go ahead and I'll link them!)
(no subject)
Date: 2025-01-25 07:57 am (UTC)(no subject)
Date: 2025-01-25 01:52 pm (UTC)(no subject)
Date: 2025-01-25 08:51 pm (UTC)I've made an unofficial AO3 collection here:
https://archiveofourown.org/collections/small_fandomsdrabblethon2025
It's mostly blank right now but I'm about to copy over the info in this post.
EDIT: Okay, done! Let me know if you want anything different. I've left the collection closed for now, and I'll open it once you open the event.
(no subject)
Date: 2025-01-26 05:56 am (UTC)(no subject)
Date: 2025-01-26 01:04 pm (UTC)(no subject)
Date: 2025-01-26 09:19 pm (UTC)(no subject)
Date: 2025-01-27 12:29 am (UTC)(no subject)
Date: 2025-01-31 02:06 pm (UTC)(no subject)
Date: 2025-02-08 11:03 am (UTC)Is RPF allowed?
(no subject)
Date: 2025-02-08 11:21 am (UTC)